Hello (Padel) World


Hello (Padel) World, my name is Marco - I’m the creator of Play Padel Singapore and it’s safe to say that I’m a Padel enthusiast. 

My Padel journey began on 3 July, 2022 where my wife and I attended an open play session at Singapdel. A few weeks before this, we were visiting family and friends in South Africa when someone asked if I was playing padel yet which looking back now - I had never heard of. 

Needless to say - it didn’t take me/us long (like most people), to get hooked.

Ever since that first session, I now find any reason to play Padel, talk about it, watch Padel content and introduce new people to the sport. I find Padel not only a great way to stay fit, but given the strategy involved, it’s mentally stimulating as well. Above all though, I have made some incredible friendships through the sport, and am also in the fortunate position that my wife is an avid player and as a couple - we often pair together. It’s a really great way for us to spend time together doing something fun that we both enjoy! 

Knowing how quickly the sport would grow (and needing somewhere to channel my energy when I wasn’t playing) - I thought it would be great to have a single place where players and clubs alike could get all of the information they needed about Padel in Singapore. 

The result.. Play Padel Singapore was born.

Fast forward 18 months and I’ve seen the sport take off in Singapore, across Asia and globally. I’m also coming across less and less people that haven’t heard of the sport. When I played for the first time, Singapdel was only the second club in Singapore after Marina Square (aka MBP Sports, aka Bliss Padel, aka Marina). Since then clubs and courts have sprung up all over our little island state and there are more to come. 

At time of writing this, there are 8 locations operating over 20 Padel courts, with another 3 locations due to go live this year alone. For the most part, the courts are still mostly outdoors and uncovered, but there are now more clubs investing in sunshades, rain covers and roofing, and I’ve no doubt that there are plans to build indoor courts in the near future. For those that aren’t aware, building regulations in Singapore are strict so obtaining licenses to protect players and fans from the elements are costly, take time and in some cases - applications can be rejected due to a number of factors. 

Despite this though, Padel continues to grow in Singapore at an exciting rate and I’m expecting to be more and more busy updating the site, and of course testing out the new courts!

On top of the informative nature of the site for Padel in Singapore - I’ll be sharing my Padel musings which may include things like reviews on clubs outside of Singapore that I’ve played at, conversation topics that take place at the bar after a match or I may also asks some friends if they would like to be featured on the site as well. Of course, if there are any other topics you would like me to discuss, feel free to drop a comment below.

Thanks for visiting and I hope that the site is useful to those that stumble upon it and that you consider following the site. If you’re new to the sport and even just slightly curious - I would encourage you to take that first step and sign up to a class, an open day or just simply go down to the closest location to you to have a look at what all the fuss is about. 

You won't regret it!

Comments

  1. Love it!!!! We are also hooked :) hope to see u in SA soon for a round robin ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Mecca of Padel in Asia

Mixed Couples Final

In Focus: Prime Padel